STUDY OF NATURAL INDIGO
I studied indigo and traditional textile techniques in Japan from 2011-2013. Ever since, I’ve bee focusing on different techniques and indigo applications around the world. My most recent fieldwork includes Japan, India and Vietnam.
I’ve been growing indigo in the UK since 2019. I use various methods of extracting indigo pigment and other colour dyes produced by indigo bearing plants.
INDIGO GARDEN LONDON
I co-founded Indigo Garden London in 2020 withLiza Mckenzie, an educational space where we run workshops and community events to promote sustainable indigo growing and dyeing. We are supported by Blackhorse Lane Ateliers.
I’ve been running indigo dye and traditional Japanese shiborizome workshops from 2019. Recent workshops include:
- Indigo from seed to dye
- Indigo Masterclass
- Painting on fabric with natural indigo
- Prints and patterns with indigo plants
- Traditional Japanese shibori & indigo dyeing
- Indigo Exhibition 2020 (藍色展２０２０). Tokushima, Japan. January 2020
- Spring Arts and Crafts Showcase, Arts Depot. London, UK. March- April 2019
‘An indigo journey’
- London Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. September 2022
- Natural Dye symposium, The Loom Shed. June 2021